What’s Cookin Week of March 4th
Welcome to National Nutrition Month!! This month, we want to emphasize the idea to EAT RIGHT, YOUR WAY, EVERY DAY! Here are a few quick tips that I pulled of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website to help you understand what building your own personalized eating plan means:
- Personalize your eating style: The easiest way to get the nutrients your body needs is to eat healthy foods you enjoy. Finding good-for-you foods that please your palette makes eating healthfully special and exciting.
- Eat for your lifestyle: Athletic, vegetarian/vegan, corporate and family lifestyles all have special nutritional needs, but eating right can be easy and tasty if you pay attention to those foods that best help get you through the day.
- Incorporate cultural and ethnic traditions: Foods from around the globe often incorporate an abundance of unique, flavorful and nourishing ingredients. Keep traditions alive and bring the world to your family’s table.
- Keep health concerns in mind: A healthful eating plan can help prevent and treat a variety of health concerns. With modification and moderation, you can enjoy your favorite foods while meeting your nutritional needs and health goals.
- Make MyPlate your plate: Fill half of your plate with your favorite fruits and vegetables; keep protein portions lean and about three ounces; make at least half of your grain choices whole grains; and be sure to include low-fat or fat-free dairy products like milk and yogurt.
Enjoy your week and have good eats:
Slow Cooker Swiss Chard Lasagna served with salad
Citrus Marinated Tuna Steaks served with Wild Rice mixed with peas and carrots and salad
Leftover Lasagna with side of steamed broccoli
Hearty Kale and Lentil Soup with a side of French Bread (mine is store bought)
Friday – FAMILY IN TOWN!!
Break the Bank Crab Cakes with Roasted Lemon Asparagus and French Bread
Out to dinner so Mom gets a simple night! Yeah!
Whole wheat tortilla quesadillas with cheese and black beans (soaked overnight) with orange wedges and sliced bananas
Pan Fried Salmon with Homemade Pesto Spaghetti and Peas and Tomatoes
News and Events
You may have noticed that I have not updated my website in...more
Things are getting crazy around here with the holidays coming. We are...more
I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. We spent our...more
From The Blog
(0 / 5)
(0 / 5)
(0 / 5)