Atlanta dietitian Lesley Baradel’s nutrition philosophy is simple: “If you eat right, you will live well.” Maintaining balance between healthy, nutritious foods and fun, playful foods will keep your body strong and your mind satisfied. Lesley advises, however, there is no “turnkey solution” or “quick fix” to living a healthier life. Our bodies, our environments, and our families vary in ways which make us unique. She supports personalized healthy eating styles and recognizes that food preferences, lifestyle, cultural, and ethnic traditions and health concerns impact your individual food choices. Lesley’s goal for her client’s is to create a healthy relationship with food through balance and customized nutrition knowledge. Her philosophy is shaped by:
Lesley’s background in both business and nutrition allow her a unique perspective that benefits her when working with both individual and corporate wellness clients. Her experience working with corporations helps her go beyond nutrition knowledge. Lesley understands corporate environments and she knows what marketing efforts are needed to successfully launch corporate wellness programs.
- Master of Science in Nutrition– Included course work in anatomy and physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, metabolism and clinical nutrition. Also wrote master’s thesis titled “Temporal changes in trying to lose weight and recommended weight-loss strategies among overweight and obese Americans”, 1996-2003 and was published in Preventive Medicine (written with the CDC, Aug/Sept 2009).
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian—Extensive study in food chemistry, nutrition in the life cycle, food safety, diabetes, heart health, and much more.
- MBA in Marketing Strategy from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School in Atlanta.
Lesley works in tandem with clients to achieve weight management goals, manage disease states, and teach proper shopping and cooking skills for a healthier lifestyle.
Questions she addresses are:
- What do you want?
- What will you do?
- When will you do it?
Results Driven Approach
Lesley works with individuals, athletes, schools, and corporations to create a personalized, tailored nutrition plan that gives them the knowledge to shop for, and prepare, the “right” types of foods. Nutrition plans are:
- Realistic and achievable. Understanding her client’s lifestyle is a very important component of Lesley’s coaching method. She understands the time constraints that family, work, and extracurricular activities have, and she will work to make plans attainable.
- Resourceful. With her education and extensive knowledge of the field, Lesley can easily simplify and translate the nutritional messages heard daily from the media, food corporations, etc.