Break the Bank Crab Cakes2013-03-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 45m
- Ingredients for Crab Cakes
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 lb. superior lump crabmeat (jumbo lump, not the back fin)
- 24 saltine or Keebler crackers, finely crushed
- Pam Spray
- Ingredients for Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 T. mayonnaise
- 3 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grater lemon rind
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- 2 T. fresh chives, snipped into sm. Pieces
- 3 T. choice capers
- Dash of tabasco sauce
Preparation steps for crab cakes:
Spray two baking sheets with Pam.
Whisk mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, and all seasonings in mixing bowl. Gently add crab and crackers.
Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
Place on prepared baking sheets and chill. (Can be made 4 hours before serving)
Broil crab cakes until brown and cooked through. Watch carefully to avoid scorching.
Turn once about 5 minutes.
Serve with Lemon Caper Sauce.
Preparation steps for Lemon Caper sauce: Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Taste for seasoning. This can be made a couple of days in advance.