Broiled Tilapia Parmesan2013-05-04
- Course: Dinner
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese or another grated cheese you like
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons on plain non-fat greek yogurt (substitute for 2 tbsp mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (optional, my kids do not like spicy)
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 lbs of tilapia or another favorite white and flaky fish
- 1/2 cup of Panko crumbs
Preheat broiler. Grease a broiler pan or line a pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, yogurt, and lemon juice. Season with the dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer in the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for another couple of minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with Parmesan mixture on the top side and Panko crumbs. Add more Panko crumbs if you like Panko crumbs like me!! Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is slightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.