Chock Full O’ Veggies Spaghetti Sauce2013-05-09
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Recipe adapted from Margaret Lester, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and can be found in Seasonal Eats: A Recipe Collection of Georgia Products by the Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil; divided
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 15-oz can no salt added tomato sauce (or one salted and two with no salt)
- 1 cup of frozen edamame, shelled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 4 c. of whole wheat cooked pasta
Spread cherry tomatoes on a foil covered cookie sheet or roasting pan. Spray/drizzle olive oil on foil and place tomatoes in pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until soft.
Heat 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil in large sauce pan. Add zucchini, Vidalia onion, green pepper and carrots. Cover over medium heat until veggies are tender. Stir occasionally so they do not stick to the pan.
Add canned tomato sauce, edamame, roasted cherry tomatoes, basil, and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.5 grams