Slow Cooker Taco Soup2013-04-05
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 14 cups
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
Photo by Ginky (Southern Farmhouse)
- 1 lb of ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey)
- 1 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 (1.25oz) package of taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 1 (1oz) envelope of Ranch-Style dressing mix (optional)
- 2 boxes of frozen corn
- 1 15-ounce can of low sodium black beans, undrained
- 3 10-ounce cans of chili-style diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 12 ounce can of light beer
Brown ground meat in a large large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain, rinse with water to drain out some of the fat and return skillet.
Combine meat mixture and next 7 ingredients in a 5 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook for 5-6 hours. My slow cooker takes about 4 hours. Serve with desired toppings.