Spinach and Feta Bake2013-02-26
- Yield : 8" Round Bake
- Servings : 3 Individual Bakes
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 300g Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
- ~75g Feta Cheese, broken into chunks
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour/Gluten Free Plain Flour/Wholewheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Egg Whites or 2 Eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 400°F
Combine all ingredients except for feta cheese in a medium mixing bowl, mixing until combined.
Pour mixture into a greased and lined 8" round cake pan or 3 individual baking tins (I used mini spring form tins that are about 4.5").
Top mixture with feta cheese chunks and place into the oven.
Bake until a skewer removes clean and the tops are golden - about 20-30 minutes.
Note: This recipe freezes really well! Just pop the individual bakes or slices into zip lock bags, pushing out all of the air and freeze! All you have to do when you want to eat them is defrost them in the microwave or by leaving them out for a couple of hours and then popping them into the oven (or microwave) to reheat.