School Wellness Services
Does your school have a comprehensive policy for the management of life-threatening food allergies when students are at school or in school-associated settings such as a field trip or sports event?
Do your faculty, administration, coaches, and trainers know what to do if a student goes into anaphylaxis?
Who is responsible for making sure the student needing an Epi-pen has their medication available when leaving campus for a field trip or sports activity; or, after school hours if the nurse has gone home?
Allow one of the top dietitians in Atlanta, Lesley Baradel, to partner with your school to help answer these questions. Having a plan ensures that: students with life-threatening allergies are safe; their parents have peace of mind their child is in safe and prepared hands; the faculty, administration, coaches, and trainers are confident they have the right tools to handle any situation. Lesley will work with schools to reduce risk by creating a comprehensive written policy, and training modules, that address each of the following areas for your school environment:
- Identification and proper documentation of students with food allergies
- Individual written management plans
- Medication protocols: storage, access, administration
- Healthy school environments: comprehensive and coordinated approach
- Communication and confidentiality
- Emergency response procedures
- Professional development and training for school personnel
- Awareness education for students
- Awareness education and resources for parents/caregivers
- Annual monitoring and evaluation protocol
Please contact Lesley for total package or a-la-carte pricing.